Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fashion Bad Ass #2 /// Tank. Girl.

If you've never heard of Tank Girl, please stop reading and go subscribe to Netflix so that you can experience her. Perhaps go online and order the comic book as well. Then, come back and continue reading.

Jerks, you kept reading, didn't you? That's okay, I would too. Tank Girl is a comic book originally drawn by Jamie Hewlett and Alan Martin. The comic strip was initially set in a post-apocalyptic Australia. Tank Girl drives and lives in a tank and dates a mutant kangaroo. Yeah, I know. She, in my eyes, is basically a bad ass version of Pipi Longstockings. She's an outlaw with a multi-million dollar bounty on her head, and "She is prone to random acts of violence, hair dyeing, flatulence, nose-picking, vomiting, spitting, and more than occasional drunkenness," according to Wikipedia. Couldn't have said it better myself. Tank Girl kicks ass in a sassy spunky way and is completely care free.

The movie is okay, at best, but it's easier to get a hold of than the comics.

Okay, yeah, she doesn't conduct herself in a way that makes for a good role model, but I'd have to say she's for sure my number one fashion influence. Ummm, I also have a Tank Girl tattoo. I said it. Oh, and I was her for halloween. The best place to go shopping if you want to look like Tank is definitely an Army-Navy surplus store. You're going to need some hair dye too because In both the movie and the comics she has a different hair color in each scene.

This is my tattoo, but it has a little color:

Here's my best attempt at re-creating Tank Girl's style for you:
READY, GOOOOOO!
Tank Girl



2 comments: