Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lasagna is for Lovers

I love to cook, but I never use recipes. I'm going to attempt to write some out and post one at least once a week. I hope someone is actually daring enough to try them!YOU WILL NEED:
1 pkg shredded cheese (I like mozzarella, but it's your call)
2 cans of tomato paste
1 box lasagna pasta
1 container of cottage cheese (I think it's a 12 oz container?)
4 eggs
a little mile (a few cups will do - I never really measure)
Green olives
Mushrooms
Artichoke hearts
Pesto
Shallots
Spices as preferred

Ground beef or a meat substitute is optional. I like to put meat in one half for Nic and leave the other side meatless and I try to mark which side is which with a toothpick. That's why it looks kind of two-toned in that photograph.

- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Boil water, cook pasta.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk and cottage cheese. Whisk.
- Chop olives, mushrooms and cooked artichoke hearts and shallots as finely as possible.
- In another bowl, combine tomato paste, vegetables and pesto.
- Mix in spices as you wish. I use onion powder, Italian seasoning, rosemary, thyme and basil.
- Layer in the casserole dish the egg-milk-cottage cheese mixture, the pasta and the sauce mixture. I save the cheese for last, but if you want to you can put the cheese in the middle too. Eyeball it. You know what you like.
- Bake it for 45 minutes or until golden around the edges. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment